hurting heart

私が願うのは あなたとの絆だけ
色褪せない約束をこの胸に刻んで

2008年12月16日火曜日

Friendsh- ...?

So it's my turn to blog about the theme "friendship".

We cleared the air last night, and I told her why I can't travel to Bandar for the time being (ask her why if you wanna find out...) and now all is well.

That said, I think this is a good lesson on the definition of "friendship" in its rawest form. There's an old Malay saying; "Many friends to laugh with. Few friends to cry with."

In my secondary school years I was a total wreck like I've described many times. At that time I thought I never had any real friends - not even the other 3 guys that make up the Hostel Quartet was to me genuine: Nas' unpolished sense of humour was hurting me, Is was usually keeping me in check like he is my guardian, and Deddy was just Deddy who is kind to everyone without going too deep.

It was that someone who I began to completely trust: Zair. Fact of the matter is that she is an awesome counselor. I'd put her real high in my top friends list, if only she logs in to FB and approves my request. At a period when even Dr. Fadillah Kamsah in the flesh failed to break open and straighten out my lunatic mind (long story), if it wasn't for her I wouldn't even be here right now.

Thus she and along with a few more people over the years before UBD, I regard them as "tear-friends", friends that will stick with you when you're in trouble or you just need a shoulder to cry with. To me that is the essence of friendship.

But now, I'm sure that when I cry, she'll cry with me, and maybe you all too. I have a lot of genuine friends these days, and I'm very grateful for that.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム