hurting heart

私が願うのは あなたとの絆だけ
色褪せない約束をこの胸に刻んで

2007年10月2日火曜日

A tough mint to crack

It was a nice morning to sleep in. Overcast sky, cool temperature... ahhh if only. But no. There's Security and the thought school of Dr. Brown to attend today.

I haven't got any decent sleep in awhile. I can't get myself to at night, I don't know. And this week is the first in two years for the household not to have an amah around. Fortunately we've been in this situation a good number of times. But that also means I need to stay up overnight wake them up at 3:30, and especially my mom with her darn comfy SunDreamer bed (DON'T. ASK.) making her less inclined to wake up for sahur.

And suddenly it dawned to me that making your own wikipedia is only exciting soon as you make it up and running. The editing is ridiculous and, just like when I was writing my own stories, I don't know if anybody else cared.

And last night was a real frustrating time for me. The damn Linux Mint can't ever run in a 256MB RAM computer. It's too slow, and the CD-ROM drive isn't helping either. It can't spin to CD-Rs properly (like some CD players) so I had to reuse a scratchy but heavier CD-RW and burn the ISO on it. But the damn thing freezes at installation on all kinds of stages.

...but I'm not giving up hopes yet. Looks like GNOME is the nicest desktop to the eye (just look at the number of Ubuntu users...) and the colours and interface are really really nice. I'll try to install one in the Unix Lab (hope I can talk Mr. Chong out of taking another machine to the crowded-already place...) and finally force myself into the nice side of GNU/Linux using.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム