hurting heart

私が願うのは あなたとの絆だけ
色褪せない約束をこの胸に刻んで

2010年7月29日木曜日

Funny or dumb?

You may know that I have a weird sense of humour - one closer to humility. I say lame things or pretend that I am doing something stupid, for comical purposes.

Well, first I will trace this to an old Malay teacher of mine, who is full of controversy but nonetheless, a thought-provoking and inspirational one. He once said something like: "Pretend you're stupid in front of someone to make him feel important. That way you'll get on his good side."

In my twisted sense of logic it was true. People are egoists, and seeing someone that is less intelligent would boost his or her confidence. You will soon be their "understudy" and soon enough, they'll teach you things that you actually don't know in the first place.

Over the years, I've been making lame comments and even space out or make mistakes on purpose, usually an idiotic thing that (in my eyes) would be humorous to others, based on what my Malay teacher said. All in the hopes of making them see me as a good person. Because for everything else back then, I was a wreck and an insensitive person, on top of all the immaturity and emo.

When I think about it now, well, I think it backfired into making people think I am actually incapable of doing things...

Half the time I don't tell that I did it on purpose, and what's worse, people may not believe that I did do it on purpose "just to save my face". So now, we have everyone laughing not because I made a lame joke, but because they think I'm an idiot.

I should really think about making more positive jokes on myself, because unlike what I've been used to thinking, it doesn't take some self-beating to appease everyone.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム