hurting heart

私が願うのは あなたとの絆だけ
色褪せない約束をこの胸に刻んで

2009年10月22日木曜日

Have amah, won't cook

Lately as many of you already know, I've started to cook my own food, saving a trip to the nearest Japanese eatery for my own. Only that to my horror, I discovered that some of my younger cousins have also been doing kitchen stuff, more advanced than what I'm doing right now.

I sense a pattern: those kids are currently living without a housemaid to cook for them. When their parents are busy, they have to fix their own food. Also, thanks to the AFC (Asian Food Channel), everyone young and old are starting to go back to the kitchen and spruce up their own morsels. I'm amazed by these youngsters. I guess life may be worth living more when you pick the hard route.

What about my progress? On the upside, I've found a place that sells Japanese ingredients and also got a tamagoyaki pan now, but I have a mom who hates Japanese food and forces me to eat what she cooks on top of ridiculing me all the time so it's been very tough.

I'm a total idiot in the kitchen (as well as everywhere else I'm afraid) but I'm trying to learn more. Only that I'm choosey with who my teachers are.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム